Chapter 6  

Chapter 6 has shown me a lot of different types of security. Many threats can harm your devices like an integrity threat. That is when your data was changed without you knowing. There were different types of threats like the secrecy threat and necessity threats. Having these types of threats on your devices can harm them or even have your data leaked that may cause some concerns. We are glad that there are countermeasures to that. On my PC I have Norton and Windows security software. These two have helped me a lot and kept my information safe. I haven’t had a problem with them yet or with my PC for a couple of years now. Learning how some attacks work and how they operate was interesting reading this article. One of the attacks I have experienced the most was a DDos attack. I was playing a fighting game match with my friends and me. My team was doing good in the match until near the last round where we all randomly were glitching, freezing, breaking up, etc. Two of us lost connection to the match, but the other person that was in the match was getting killed and losing the matches that we had won previously. After a match or two the enemy was emoting the only person in the match that didn't lose connection. We realized it was them that did the attack on us and then the match ended up having them win. We reported them for the attack to the game company, but we couldn’t do anything else but just move on. We were annoyed yes but had to deal with it. There are multiple ways to protect your information from getting malware and from getting your information from being stolen. You can use a firewall to help you protect yourself from malware. My security has a firewall that has helped me a lot from games and some website that was suspicious to me and even on my emails. Another way to keep your information safe is also to have two-factor authentication. Having a password and a username is super helpful when keeping it secure. Having that information saved in a program called a password manager that encrypts it and saves it on their device. All my social media accounts and game accounts all have two-factor authentication. It is more difficult to do which is fine because it is securing my logins and stuff. It was easy to because I don’t have to remember my passwords and usernames sometimes because it is kept in a passwords manager.

<<back                                                                                                               Next>>